Author Paulo Coelho wrote this story in his blog: “A carpenter and his apprentices were travelling through the province of Qi in search of building materials.
They saw a giant tree; five men all holding hands could not encompass its girth, and its crown reached almost to the clouds.
‘Let’s not waste our time with this tree,’ said the master carpenter.
‘It would take us forever to cut it down. If we wanted to make a ship out of that heavy trunk, the ship would sink. If we tried to use it to build a roof, the walls would have to be specially reinforced.’
The group continued on its way. One of the apprentices remarked: ‘Such a big tree and no use to anyone!’ ‘That’s where you’re wrong,’ said the master carpenter. ‘The tree was true to its own destiny.“If it had been like all the others, we would have cut it down. But because it had the courage to be different, it will remain alive and strong for a long time yet.”
Folks every one of us was created for a specific purpose and destiny. Yet too many of us don’t realize this,that is why you find that instead of us being true to our destinies, we go about comparing and competing with one another. All over the place you see people trying to be and live like others, and allowing other people dictate the outcome of their lives. Little wonder there is so much mediocrity around us, and greatness seem to be something impossible, or reserved for very few people….Read complete post here
Perhaps like me you have been told; “You can’t make it in life”, “Greatness isn’t for you”, “You don’t have the connections”, “You are too young”, “No one in your family has been great”, “You are not educated enough,” and so on. My friends these are all lies, yet too many of us have believed these lies and as a result we are living far below our capabilities.
Below are 13 truths about your true capabilities, and how far you can go from Wallace D. Wattles, an American author and pioneer success and self-help writer best known for his books; The Science of getting rich, and the science of being great:
- There is no possibility in any man that is not in every man
- The principle of power gives us just what we ask of it; if we only undertake little things, it gives us power for little things; but if we try to do great things in a great way, it gives all the power there is.
- Nothing was ever in any man that is not in you; no man ever had more spiritual or mental power than you can attain, or did greater things than you can accomplish. You can become what you want to be.
- You are not barred from attaining greatness by heredity. No matter who or what your ancestors may have been or how unlearned or lowly their station, the upward way is open for you. There is no such thing as inheriting a fixed mental position; no matter how small the mental capital we receive from our parents, it may be increased; no man is incapable of growth.
- The brain doesn’t make the man, the man makes the brain.
- Your place in life is not fixed by heredity…See complete list here
1. We all travel different roads to our ultimate destinations. For some of us the path is rockier than for others. But no one reaches the end without feeling some form of adversity. So rather than fight it, why not accept it as the way of life? Why not detach yourself from the outcomes and simply experience every circumstance that enters your life to the fullest?
2. If you have never visited the valleys, the view from the mountain top is not breathtaking.
3. Remember, there are no real failures in life, only results. There are no true tragedies, only lessons. And there are no problems, only opportunities waiting to be recognized as solutions by the person of wisdom.
4. Time is your most precious commodity and yet most of us live our lives as if we have all the time in the world.
5. All too often, we spend our days waiting for the ideal path to appear in front of us. We forget that paths are made by walking, not waiting.
6. Dreaming is great, but thinking big thoughts alone will not build a business, pay your bills or make you into the person you know in your heart you can be….Read more here