Some of you are always talking about your past; your past achievements; your past successes; your past relationship and marriages. Meaning that nothing really grand is happening to you now or in the future. When you look at your future you do so with the eyes of fear and worry, thinking that you have lived your best years and achieved your best successes in the past.
Folks if this is the case with you, cheer up and never worry because an old Italian proverb says, “Do not worry. When God shuts a door, He opens a window.” Your past isn’t your best. The relationship you just lost isn’t going to be your last nor isn’t going to be your fondest.
Stop looking back in regret of your mistakes and inaction…yes you made the mistakes but there still opportunities ahead for you in the future. In my own life I have done so many mistakes too that I thought my life would never move ahead. I have also experienced good times too, but I know that I have more years ahead of me filled with great opportunities for me to take – same also with you.
Looking back at the past with the eyes of worry and fear is destructive to your growth, beauty, power, and ability to achieve success in the future. Unfortunately many of us have robbed ourselves of these. The past is gone and can’t be relived, and there’s no pointing lamenting over spilled milk.
Here are a few scriptures that show how glorious your future is:
- “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. – Isaiah 43:18-19
- And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1:6
- Then, although your beginnings were small,your future will be very great indeed. – Job 8:7
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. – Isaiah 43:2
- I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread. ?- Psalm 37:25
No matter how good your past has been, or how bad it has been, there are still better days ahead of you! Live your greatest life!