One of the biggest causes of anxiety in my opinion is a lack of purpose in life. I remember back then when I hadn’t discovered my life’s purpose how anxious I always was.
Although I was working and earning a living, I felt like I had a vacuum I needed to fill. The salary wasn’t bringing me any satisfaction, going to work was always a drag. And while I was doing well physically and in the eyes of the public, I was dying on my inside.
I knew I could be better, I knew I was missing something but just didn’t know what it was.
Then after a thorough inward search, and praying to God for a meaningful life, I discovered my calling of sharing messages of hope and inspiration to others, and helping people overcome their setbacks and adversity to achieve success in their lives and business/careers.
After discovering my purpose, I had another hurdle to overcome; the courage to leave the work I was doing to focus on my true calling.
I had the challenge of family, friends and society who thought I was crazy. I was confronted with questions like, “how will Motivational speaking put food on your table?” “how can you leave a government job with so much security?” “You don’t even have an MBA or a PhD and you want to help people succeed?” “Who will care about your life story to learn from it?”
Well I still had the courage to forge ahead in spite of the lack of faith, doubts opposition, lack of support, lack of money, lack of connection.
I admit it hasn’t been easy. The financial reward hasn’t poured in, and in many cases I encounter th fears that were expressed by my family and friends in the beginning but my friends, nothing gives me more joy than this life I am living.
I have never felt more fulfilled than I am now. And I can tell you that no matter how much money you make on your job (money is good I confess), if your job isn’t your purpose, the money won’t make sense in the end.
So if you’re like me and you are wondering if your life has something else out there, or you have a passion you know you should be pursuing but for some reason you are not, I hope this message and the quotes below give you the fire to get up your sit and go after your purpose.
- The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.” —Albert Schweitzer
- “Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Make your work to be in keeping with your purpose.” —Leonardo da Vinci
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” —Buddha
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” —John F. Kennedy
- “Your purpose is your why.” —Deborah Day
- “My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?” —Charles Schulz
- “Great minds have purpose, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them.” —Washington Irving
- “You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” —Robert Byyne
- “Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow.” —Helen Keller
- “There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.” —Napoleon Hill
- “The purpose of life is the expansion of happiness.” —Deepak Chopra
- “We make our purpose.” —Carl Sagan
- “Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning.” —Rick Warren