Arnold Schwarzenegger first gained fame as a body builder, using that as a launching point to become a huge Hollywood star and, later the Governor of California, USA. Here are 14 quotes from Arnold, on how to achieve just anything in life:
- Normal people can be happy with a regular life, but there is more to life than just plodding through an average existence.
- Desire something and don’t just care what you have to go through to get it.
- Through discipline, and determination one can change anything and everything about him – his habits, his outlook on life
- Always listen to your inner voice, your instincts
- You have to fight, you have to have courage for what you really want
- Always have one possibility in mind and that is to go to the top, to be the best. Everything else should just be a means to that end.
- Concentrate on your goals. Do not allow other thoughts to enter your mind. If you allow them to, other things could take your concentration away from your ultimate aim.
- Mentally it is possible to break records, once you understand that, you can do anything.
- Positive thinking is contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.
- Almost anything difficult, any challenge takes time, patience, and hard work.
- Life should be, being continuously hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
- The mind is incredible. Once you’ve gained mastery over it, channelling its powers positively, for your purpose you can do anything.
- The secret of success is to make your mind work for you – not against you. This means constantly being positive, constantly setting up challenges you can meet – either today, next week, or next month etc.
- The words “I Can’t” should be permanently stricken from your vocabulary, especially the vocabulary of your thoughts. You must see yourself always growing and improving.