- Acquire the habit of expecting success, of believing in happiness. Nothing succeeds like success; nothing makes happiness like happiness.
- So long as you retain your happiness you will retain all your power; and all the power that is in you is sufficient to overcome every obstacle, conquer every adversity and turn every circumstance to good account.
- The cheerful person makes a cheerful world.
- Happiness is a very beautiful thing,—the most beautiful and heavenly thing in the world,—but it is a result, a spiritual condition, and is not predetermined by your bank account or by the flattering incense of praise.
- To live, we must conquer incessantly; we must have the courage to be happy.
- To make much of little, to find reasons of interest in common things, to develop a sensibility to mild enjoyments, to inspire the imagination, to throw a charm upon homely and familiar things, will constitute a man master of his own happiness.
- The best way to secure future happiness is to be as happy as is rightfully possible today.
- Diamonds of shining joy lie glittering in every way we pass daily, but most of the passers-by only stub their toes against them.
- “Mental sunshine not only attracts the best from without, but it also causes the best to grow from within. We all prefer the sunshine, and we are naturally attracted wherever a sunbeam is in evidence.”
- If you feel cheerful and happy, it is very natural for you to laugh. And if you will laugh a little, you will begin to feel bright and cheerful.
- Probably the most lasting source of happiness is found in unselfish love. This keeps alive a constant interest in those who are the objects of affection, which, in turn, is naturally reflected into the relations of life.
- Few of us appreciate the number of our everyday blessings; we think they are little things, and yet little things are what life is made of.
- A serene face helps to make a serene soul; a smile on the lips induces a smile in the heart.
- If one would be happy, let him forget himself and go about making someone else happy.
- Look steadily on the bright side of life. Cultivate the grace of a good hope. Imitate the fine optimism of those of whom it is said that they can see stars where others saw only an unbroken expanse of cloud.
- Happiness is the result of God’s will for us, and not of our will for ourselves; and so we can only find it by giving our lives up, in submission and obedience, to the control of God.
- To believe and go forward is the key to success and to happiness.
- They who minister to their neighbours exercise one of the normal human functions, and enter thereby into the joy of a larger life.
- Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- The first step toward happiness is to determine to be happy.
- If a man is unhappy, this must be his own fault; for God made all men to be happy.
- Happiness is discovered in many unsuspected places.
- Joy is not in things, it is in us, and I hold to the belief that the causes of our present unrest, of this contagious discontent spreading everywhere, are in us at least as much as in exterior conditions.
- Happy is that person who feels that God cares for him, that he journeys forward under divine convoy, that his Father is regent of universal wisdom, and represents the whole commonwealth of love, who is all Nature, and who commands all Nature to serve His child.
- It is no use to grumble and complain; It’s just as cheap and easy to rejoice
The essence of life is to be happy, and everyone desires happiness but we seek for it and experience it in different ways. Some are happiest when they are noisiest; some think they are happiest when they are drunk, while others foolishly take drugs to reach their dizzy heights of joy which end in destroying their health! Some are happiest at their work, others at their play, while some discontented folks are never quite happy except in their dreams.
As you go about seeking for happiness your way, consider these contrasting opinions: The world’s view on happiness vs Christ’s view on happiness. Which way are you going to follow?:
The World Says,
Happy are the proud and the rich.
Happy are they who never know sorrow.
Happy are the ambitious pushers.
Happy are they who are not bothered by a conscience.
Happy are the absolute tyrants. Continue reading What’s Your Idea of Happiness?