- Acquire the habit of expecting success, of believing in happiness. Nothing succeeds like success; nothing makes happiness like happiness.
- So long as you retain your happiness you will retain all your power; and all the power that is in you is sufficient to overcome every obstacle, conquer every adversity and turn every circumstance to good account.
- The cheerful person makes a cheerful world.
- Happiness is a very beautiful thing,—the most beautiful and heavenly thing in the world,—but it is a result, a spiritual condition, and is not predetermined by your bank account or by the flattering incense of praise.
- To live, we must conquer incessantly; we must have the courage to be happy.
- To make much of little, to find reasons of interest in common things, to develop a sensibility to mild enjoyments, to inspire the imagination, to throw a charm upon homely and familiar things, will constitute a man master of his own happiness.
- The best way to secure future happiness is to be as happy as is rightfully possible today.
- Diamonds of shining joy lie glittering in every way we pass daily, but most of the passers-by only stub their toes against them.
- “Mental sunshine not only attracts the best from without, but it also causes the best to grow from within. We all prefer the sunshine, and we are naturally attracted wherever a sunbeam is in evidence.”
- If you feel cheerful and happy, it is very natural for you to laugh. And if you will laugh a little, you will begin to feel bright and cheerful.
- Probably the most lasting source of happiness is found in unselfish love. This keeps alive a constant interest in those who are the objects of affection, which, in turn, is naturally reflected into the relations of life.
- Few of us appreciate the number of our everyday blessings; we think they are little things, and yet little things are what life is made of.
- A serene face helps to make a serene soul; a smile on the lips induces a smile in the heart.
- If one would be happy, let him forget himself and go about making someone else happy.
- Look steadily on the bright side of life. Cultivate the grace of a good hope. Imitate the fine optimism of those of whom it is said that they can see stars where others saw only an unbroken expanse of cloud.
- Happiness is the result of God’s will for us, and not of our will for ourselves; and so we can only find it by giving our lives up, in submission and obedience, to the control of God.
- To believe and go forward is the key to success and to happiness.
- They who minister to their neighbours exercise one of the normal human functions, and enter thereby into the joy of a larger life.
- Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- The first step toward happiness is to determine to be happy.
- If a man is unhappy, this must be his own fault; for God made all men to be happy.
- Happiness is discovered in many unsuspected places.
- Joy is not in things, it is in us, and I hold to the belief that the causes of our present unrest, of this contagious discontent spreading everywhere, are in us at least as much as in exterior conditions.
- Happy is that person who feels that God cares for him, that he journeys forward under divine convoy, that his Father is regent of universal wisdom, and represents the whole commonwealth of love, who is all Nature, and who commands all Nature to serve His child.
- It is no use to grumble and complain; It’s just as cheap and easy to rejoice
We need people in our lives. No one can make it alone that is why there has never been a rich hermit. But in order for you to become successful, to make your dreams come true and to live your greatest life, you must stay away from certain persons.
There are certain people who hinder others and make it harder for others to live. They are DISCOURAGERS. Instead of being wings to enable you fly, they are weights that will pull you down. They never have any positive, cheerful, hopeful word for anyone. Instead they always find a way to kill your spirits, kill your hopes, and put clouds into clear skies.
These individuals seem to think that it is a sin to be happy themselves, or to encourage happiness in others. They find all the shadows in life and persist in walking in them. They magnify small issues into big troubles.
These kind of people are always gloomy themselves and so they send out darkness and never brightness to others wherever they go. They make life harder for those they associate with or influence. Instead of comforting you, they make sorrows harder to bear, because they exaggerate it and blot out all the stars of hope that God has sent to shine in our world.
You cannot succeed when you are surrounded by discouragers. Stay away from them. Reduce the time you spend with them if you cannot completely leave them. They make your burdens appear heavier because by their discouraging words, they instil fear and weaken in you. Continue reading The Types Of People You Don’t Need In Your Life, If You Must Succeed
Be positive. Be happy. Feel good now. It is easy to feel good when things go as you “think” they should go. The miracle happens when we feel good when things appear to be bad. The bible says, all things work together for good for them that love God. When things appear to be bad, when decisions are taken against us, when our expectations do not materialize etc, the natural tendency is for us to feel bad, but that is really when we need to rejoice knowing that though we may not know how, the situation will turn around to be a blessing in the future.
This is the way I am conditioning my life to be. Recently unexpected things have happened that should steal my joy naturally but with this new mindset of feeling good no matter the circumstance I am positive that in every adversity is a seed for my benefit. The bigger the adversity/challenge/problem the bigger the seed for an even bigger opportunity for me. Continue reading Be Positive, Be Happy
There was a time I used to think that there were things in life I need to have to make my life complete. Back then I would look at people who have those things and imagine how happy they were, and wondered when I will get to that level and how happy I will become. but as God began to bless me with some of the things I desired, I found out that my possession of those things didn’t bring all the happiness and bliss I thought they had in them. of course I was happy, but my happiness was only momentarily.
Unfortunately today many people still think this way; they think that if they have those things they want, they will be happy and fulfilled in life which isn’t true because even if you have everything on your wish list; money, love, power, friends, perfect health and body etc, within a short period of time you will still become unfulfilled and unhappy. You will still be looking outside again for something more or better.
The secret to finding true joy and bliss has been given to us but many of us fail to realize it because it is quite simple. The secret if found in Matthew 6:23 in the Bible: “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” You can’t find joy and happiness by going after material possessions but by seeking for God’s kingdom and living right. Only then will you see that you have happiness inside you. Continue reading The Way to Bliss
Many times we face difficulties, uncertainties and challenges that threaten to destroy our relationships, marriages and life. What surprises me most times when I go through days of having series of challenges is by just sleeping and waking up the next day, everything return back to normal as if I never had challenges the previous day.
A day makes a lot of difference in our lives. If you are having a difficult day, never give up and think your life is a difficult one, its just one day! If you endure till the breaking of a new one, you will see that most of your problems have passed along with the previous one miraculously.
The scripture says, weeping may endure for a night but joy always comes in the morning. Many of us will agree with this if we can cast our minds back to the many mornings our challenges at work, our quarrels at home, our fights with our friends etc have been miraculously resolved for us by a new day. Continue reading A Day Will Make the Differrence
Naturally when things are good with us; our businesses are yielding profits; our health is great; our relationships are good; everything around seem to be doing exceedingly well, most of us tend to be in our best moods; we give more; we love more; we laugh more; we worship God more and so on.
The moments things start to slide; when we experience losses in our business; when our relationships are experiencing some challenges; and everything that seemed good start turning a bit bad, our moods turn alongside them. Some of us won’t worship God anymore, we don’t laugh anymore we find faults easily and push our friends away.
Unfortunately this kind of habit is what has been holding us back and hindering our blessings. All truly great people know that to continue to get the blessings and get the most from life, one has to live in a constant state of gratitude and happiness in spite of what is happening around us.
Friends every life experiences challenges and the down side once in a while, some people experience misfortune more than once, but the key to rising victoriously from our setbacks is to practice and make a habit of these words from Habakkuk: Continue reading Be Happy Now!
Many of us are looking for the key to happiness, health, and success. But we often miss it because sometimes the books we read make it sound like it’s such a difficult process to be happy in life. And especially when we look around, and see that almost everyone we know is struggling, and only a few people seem to have a magic key that unlocks their desires to them.
Well you are not alone in this quest. Several years back, a group of people felt the way you are feeling and now, and met a sage for the secrets to happiness and general success in life, and like you they thought it was going to be some very difficult task. But surprisingly, the wise man told them these simple words;
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.”
Folks if we learn this habit of always thinking and talking about only the good and positive things in our lives, we attract more of those things to our lives. Think about it, 99% of the time many of us are always talking about our problems; how we don’t have money; how we are sick; how life has been difficult; how our partner/spouse is misbehaving and so on, and the more of this we talk about, the more we experience the challenges and difficulties. Continue reading St. Paul’s Keys to Happiness
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. – Groucho Marx
When calamities or catastrophies have overtaken your life, do not think that fate or Providence has ordered it so. Do not think that it has to be. Instead, forget the sorrow and the loss, and congratulate yourself over the fact that you now have the privilege to build for greater things than you ever knew before. Do not weep over loss; but rejoice to think that now you are called upon to prove the greater wisdom and power within you. You have been taken out into a new world. Before you lie vast fields of undeveloped and unexplored opportunities —fields that you would not have known had not this seeming misfortune come upon you. So count it all joy. All things are working together for a greater good. Now it is for you to come forward in joy and accept the greater good. A richer life and a greater future are in store. Therefore, rejoice and be glad, and give strength to your rejoicing. Let your soul repeat again and again that sweet re-assuring refrain —just be glad. In that refrain there is comfort and peace; it lifts the burdens, removes the clouds, dispels the gloom ; it takes away the sadness and the loss, and all is well again. And naturally so, for all things respond to the call of rejoicing; all things gather where life is a song. – Christian D.Larson