How amazing God is. Think about this; “I am not just a God of awesome power, a God who decides who should be rewarded and who should be punished. That is what human rulers do. I am a God of second chances. I understand that human beings can’t be perfect. I help people so that they don’t repeat next year the same mistakes they made last year. I give people the amazing ability to be somebody different next year than they were this past year. I am a God who helps people in difficulty, not by making their path smooth and easy but by holding their hand as they walk a difficult path, not by taking away their problems but by giving them qualities they didn’t believe they were capable of, so that they can deal with the problems themselves. You yourself become the answer to your prayer.”
During a conversation I had with a friend recently, I was asked, should it just be about women? Women be this, be that, do this or that in a relationship or marriage. What about the men don’t they have roles too? This really got me thinking, because truly as the saying goes, it takes two to tango. Men too have roles to play in sustaining their relationships or marriages. We can’t just leave all the changing and doing to women alone!
Every man desires a good wife, but we forget that, as a proverb states, “Good wives and good plantations are made by good husbands.” So you see, your lover, wife is as good as you make them to be. The woman is simply the reflection of her man. Ladies are always told to be subject to the man, to try and please, show love, affection, be caring, be able to take care of their homes and much more. We forget that no matter how skilful a lady is in the area of home making and “man keeping” if the man doesn’t notice, appreciate, contribute, and compliment her, her efforts will be in vain.
Several women today are in want of a man who will reciprocate their love, appreciate their good and their self-sacrifice. Many times especially here in Africa, it is the woman takes care of the home and the entire family, combining that with her businesses and careers, and making sure her keep herself in shape to please the man, and as a reward the man doesn’t even notice these efforts.
I have come to discover that sometimes, when relationships and marriages fail, it isn’t because the woman isn’t doing enough, but some men are just so difficult to please. Nothing, no amount of work or sacrifice a lady does is ever enough. They go about finding faults in all things. There are selfish husbands who go about amusing themselves with friends, without giving their women any chance. But does it ever occur to such “Egyptian taskmasters” that all work and no play is quite as bad for women as for men? Continue reading Not Just For The Woman. Men Have Roles Too
Fate, circumstances, or other people may help you discover love, and from there a love affair starts that may end up in marriage, but fate, circumstances, or people cannot guarantee how happy that relationship or marriage turns out to be. Just like a wise man once put it; “No man ever gained a happy life by chance, or yawned it into being with a wish.”
Yet there are many of us who falsely believe that dating or marrying the person you love is an automatic ticket to a life of happiness, only to discover later on that that happiness in relationships and marriages, must be worked for; must be earned by patient endurance, self-restraint, and an accommodation for the likes and dislikes of your partner.
The reason why there seem to be many tales of unhappiness in relationships and marriages is because many of us expect to find happiness without taking any trouble to make it, or we become so selfishly preoccupied that we cannot enjoy our relationships.
Happiness in love relationships can only be achieved through continuous sacrifice. We fall in love, and get married to end our misery, yet we become more miserable in our relationships, because many of us ignore the law of “self-sacrifice” which operates in all things God created. The law, that states that; it is more blessed to give than to receive. Continue reading How to Be Happy in Your Relationship or Marriage
We men have an aversion to talking about feelings,that is why it is very difficult to find a man talking to his wife or girlfriend about what she does to irritate him.
So you may want to pay attention to this list:
1. Most men are turned off by a woman who is too materialistic. If you pay too much attention to what kind of shoes a guy is wearing or what kind of designer clothes he has on or what kind of car he drives,..they would run away”.
2. When a woman is jealous, it can be a turnoff.
3. Men like women who are responsible. They don’t like women who don’t have a life. It isn’t just about looks.
4. When a man has had a busy day, he doesn’t need you to add to his pressure. Insisting he has to see you or be with you. It turns men off.
5. Don’t make your man look bad in front of people. If something is wrong, deal with it at home, or when you two are alone.
6. “The fear every guy has is that after marriage the girl is going to cut her hair off, gain too much weight, and stop putting out.”
7. No man likes to be with a drunk. If you want a decent man in your life, don’t ever get drunk with him.
8. “Never let a guy know you’re sitting home waiting for his call, or that he’s your whole life.” Men also like knowing other men want you, just as long as you aren’t sleeping with any of them.
9. When a woman chases you, it will turn you off. Try and have some dignity
10. Never make a man feel he has to report back to you when you are with him. That’s an instant turnoff.
The 25 Biggest Male Turn-Offs
11 Things That Turn Guys
20 SIGNS YOU ARE IN AN ABUSIVE OR VIOLENT RELATIONSHIP
10 SIGNS HE IS JUST NOT INTO YOU
Things Women Do That Totally Turn Men Off
“Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke – joke or dangerous?
What is Too Much? Ladies That Do the Most and Turn Men Off
14 Things About Women That Turn Guys On
15 Weird Things Guys Do That Turn Us Off