- Acquire the habit of expecting success, of believing in happiness. Nothing succeeds like success; nothing makes happiness like happiness.
- So long as you retain your happiness you will retain all your power; and all the power that is in you is sufficient to overcome every obstacle, conquer every adversity and turn every circumstance to good account.
- The cheerful person makes a cheerful world.
- Happiness is a very beautiful thing,—the most beautiful and heavenly thing in the world,—but it is a result, a spiritual condition, and is not predetermined by your bank account or by the flattering incense of praise.
- To live, we must conquer incessantly; we must have the courage to be happy.
- To make much of little, to find reasons of interest in common things, to develop a sensibility to mild enjoyments, to inspire the imagination, to throw a charm upon homely and familiar things, will constitute a man master of his own happiness.
- The best way to secure future happiness is to be as happy as is rightfully possible today.
- Diamonds of shining joy lie glittering in every way we pass daily, but most of the passers-by only stub their toes against them.
- “Mental sunshine not only attracts the best from without, but it also causes the best to grow from within. We all prefer the sunshine, and we are naturally attracted wherever a sunbeam is in evidence.”
- If you feel cheerful and happy, it is very natural for you to laugh. And if you will laugh a little, you will begin to feel bright and cheerful.
- Probably the most lasting source of happiness is found in unselfish love. This keeps alive a constant interest in those who are the objects of affection, which, in turn, is naturally reflected into the relations of life.
- Few of us appreciate the number of our everyday blessings; we think they are little things, and yet little things are what life is made of.
- A serene face helps to make a serene soul; a smile on the lips induces a smile in the heart.
- If one would be happy, let him forget himself and go about making someone else happy.
- Look steadily on the bright side of life. Cultivate the grace of a good hope. Imitate the fine optimism of those of whom it is said that they can see stars where others saw only an unbroken expanse of cloud.
- Happiness is the result of God’s will for us, and not of our will for ourselves; and so we can only find it by giving our lives up, in submission and obedience, to the control of God.
- To believe and go forward is the key to success and to happiness.
- They who minister to their neighbours exercise one of the normal human functions, and enter thereby into the joy of a larger life.
- Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- The first step toward happiness is to determine to be happy.
- If a man is unhappy, this must be his own fault; for God made all men to be happy.
- Happiness is discovered in many unsuspected places.
- Joy is not in things, it is in us, and I hold to the belief that the causes of our present unrest, of this contagious discontent spreading everywhere, are in us at least as much as in exterior conditions.
- Happy is that person who feels that God cares for him, that he journeys forward under divine convoy, that his Father is regent of universal wisdom, and represents the whole commonwealth of love, who is all Nature, and who commands all Nature to serve His child.
- It is no use to grumble and complain; It’s just as cheap and easy to rejoice
Dreams and goals don’t get actualize without you pushing for them. If you are truly desirous of having the life of your dreams, you must be willing to keep pushing until you have them.
Get the motivation you need to hold on and press on towards your dreams and goals.
Each time I tell someone I left my paid job to help others succeed in spite of their setbacks, and help young people find meaning in their lives, I get this look on their faces that says “you are crazy” and some of them actually voice it out and ask me what I was thinking, and how will what I am doing pay me. In fact a journalist who was interviewing me had to ask me if this mission of mine actually puts food on my table.
In a country like mine where there are very few jobs; and where working in the sector where I was is a dream of almost half of our population, people think those of us who dare quit are stupid, and wasted the slots of others. When we talk of work the first thing that enters people’s mind is how much money will come to me at the end of the end? Nobody ever wants to work for free, or do some form of humanitarian service today. Even most of the non-profits around here are in just because of the money coming in from donors and foreign aids. “It’s really about the Benjamin” here.
Money is good, in fact I need lots of money for my voice to heard and my message to reach the young people who really need to hear my story. But I don’t live for nor work for money, instead I live for a great purpose, and every day I hold central idea of my purpose constantly in my mind, so that I am always reminded why I am alive; especially in the days when things seem to be going against me and the pressures and struggles appear so real. Continue reading What are You Living For? What are You Working For?
“And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:23
If you want to start experiencing great things in your life, then you must start believing in greatness, and open your mind to possibilities. “The first step to a life full of wonders is to see that your outside world begins with your inside world and every single thought must be one that will take you farther along the path of a perfect life. Your thoughts can create magic and everything you have ever wanted. Today’s thoughts build tomorrow’s dreams.”
“My salvation and glory depend on God, my strong rock. My refuge is in God.” – Psalm 62: 7
Look at the quote above, can you say that about yourself? Lots of books, teachings, and people will tell us we have to depend on ourselves; we must be self-sufficient to succeed. But God says we should put all our trust in him, and we shouldn’t lean on our own understanding, for he knows the paths that lie ahead of us.
You desire success? Trust me it’s easier with God than with man or yourself because with God comes favour and help from men which ordinarily you may not have in spite of the resources expend. Each of us have the spirit of God inside us, so depend upon that spirit for results, because when you depend on yourself or others, you place yourself in touch with only the lesser forces on earth, and so you labour more and accomplish less; but when you depend on the spirit of God, you place yourself in touch with the greater powers within and you will have greater results with less efforts. Continue reading It’s Easier With God
“Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”- Philippians 3:13-14
Learn to burn your bridges behind you, never leave room for the enemy to tempt you through discouragement, indecision, fear and setbacks. Have the courage and faith to move on no matter what. Affirm to yourself that; “No matter how rough or how hard it gets, I am going to make it.”
Keep pushing when things look dark and huge obstacles confront you. Keep pushing when you walk through “the valley of the shadow of death”, because you are not alone, others have passed through this route and have overcome.
There is a reason why we do not always have the things we desire, or able to implement our ideas like we see them in our minds. This reason is doubt. Doubt is destructive especially self doubt. Too often you find someone who plans to do something, but at the same time he/she is doubting if it will work.
God’s word says, if we don’t doubt in our hearts but believe instead, what we say or do will come to pass. But this is so difficult for us most times especially when you pay attention or consider the things happening around you; your lack of money, poor economy, poor health condition, lack of education, lack of support etc, you just find yourself doubting your success.
Folks no matter how tough it is, if you really want to achieve success, you must try not to doubt yourself. Stop thinking about things that will go wrong, and instead focus on the things that will go right. Most of us are always imagining the “what if” scenarios; what if I am rejected? What if people don’t buy my product? What if the money never comes? What if my heart gets broken? What if he/she cheats on me? What if I flunk the test? What if this or that? Continue reading Stop Thinking About What will Go Wrong