- Acquire the habit of expecting success, of believing in happiness. Nothing succeeds like success; nothing makes happiness like happiness.
- So long as you retain your happiness you will retain all your power; and all the power that is in you is sufficient to overcome every obstacle, conquer every adversity and turn every circumstance to good account.
- The cheerful person makes a cheerful world.
- Happiness is a very beautiful thing,—the most beautiful and heavenly thing in the world,—but it is a result, a spiritual condition, and is not predetermined by your bank account or by the flattering incense of praise.
- To live, we must conquer incessantly; we must have the courage to be happy.
- To make much of little, to find reasons of interest in common things, to develop a sensibility to mild enjoyments, to inspire the imagination, to throw a charm upon homely and familiar things, will constitute a man master of his own happiness.
- The best way to secure future happiness is to be as happy as is rightfully possible today.
- Diamonds of shining joy lie glittering in every way we pass daily, but most of the passers-by only stub their toes against them.
- “Mental sunshine not only attracts the best from without, but it also causes the best to grow from within. We all prefer the sunshine, and we are naturally attracted wherever a sunbeam is in evidence.”
- If you feel cheerful and happy, it is very natural for you to laugh. And if you will laugh a little, you will begin to feel bright and cheerful.
- Probably the most lasting source of happiness is found in unselfish love. This keeps alive a constant interest in those who are the objects of affection, which, in turn, is naturally reflected into the relations of life.
- Few of us appreciate the number of our everyday blessings; we think they are little things, and yet little things are what life is made of.
- A serene face helps to make a serene soul; a smile on the lips induces a smile in the heart.
- If one would be happy, let him forget himself and go about making someone else happy.
- Look steadily on the bright side of life. Cultivate the grace of a good hope. Imitate the fine optimism of those of whom it is said that they can see stars where others saw only an unbroken expanse of cloud.
- Happiness is the result of God’s will for us, and not of our will for ourselves; and so we can only find it by giving our lives up, in submission and obedience, to the control of God.
- To believe and go forward is the key to success and to happiness.
- They who minister to their neighbours exercise one of the normal human functions, and enter thereby into the joy of a larger life.
- Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- The first step toward happiness is to determine to be happy.
- If a man is unhappy, this must be his own fault; for God made all men to be happy.
- Happiness is discovered in many unsuspected places.
- Joy is not in things, it is in us, and I hold to the belief that the causes of our present unrest, of this contagious discontent spreading everywhere, are in us at least as much as in exterior conditions.
- Happy is that person who feels that God cares for him, that he journeys forward under divine convoy, that his Father is regent of universal wisdom, and represents the whole commonwealth of love, who is all Nature, and who commands all Nature to serve His child.
- It is no use to grumble and complain; It’s just as cheap and easy to rejoice
Many of us Christians are constantly searing for inspiration, principles and thoughts to help us live better, work better and relate better with others. Here are a few inspirational thoughts to help us in our daily walk.
These thoughts are not entirely mine, but gotten from the speeches and letters of Christian men and women who have lived their talk.
- God has promised to satisfy—but He did not promise when. God has time enough, and so have you. God has boundless resources, and His resources are yours. Can you not trust him? Trust and wait. He knows what is best for you. He has reasons for denying you now, but in the end He will satisfy.
- Life is what we are alive to. It is not length, but breadth. To be alive only to appetite, pleasure, pride, money-making, and not to goodness and kindness, purity and love, history, poetry, music, flowers, stars, God and eternal hopes, it is to be all but dead.
- There is no better way to show our trust than to busy ourselves with the things He asks us to do. Trusting Him to take care of his share leaves us, “at leisure from ourselves ” to do our share of the ” Father’s business.”
- Do not let the good things of life rob you of the best things.
- Mystery is God’s allurement along the path of knowledge; it is his challenge to a human soul.
- Decide what it is your duty to do, do it, and never regret anything that comes in its train.
- “If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small,”—too small to be worth talking about, for the day of adversity is its first real opportunity.
- “Try it any way ” is a good motto. There is a chance that you might succeed. Even if you do not, you will be no worse off than before. Faint-hearted refusal is the worst kind of failure.
- No lot in life is small enough to stunt a soul. Lowly circumstances are no bar to high thoughts.
- Take care that your profession does not outrun your possession. Artificiality and hypocrisy tear character to shreds eventually.
- If you do fall, if you are overcome, He is faithful and just to forgive, and to cleanse every day from all unrighteousness.
- The man who never makes any mistakes never makes anything. Many chips, broken instruments, cuts and bruises, belong to the history of any beautiful statue. Persist in spite of everything.
- Prayer is a breath of fresh air—much else, of course, but certainly this. It is inspiration on a hill-top for new toiling on the plain.
- When I want to speak let me think first, Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? If not, let it be left unsaid.
- How can we redeem society if we do not everywhere put ourselves on the constructive side of moral questions? If all people did as we do in politics, amusements, temperance, Sabbath observance, would the day be won for God or lost?
- Look out for choices. They run into habit, character, and destiny.
- We are like children learning to walk. We fall again and again. Sometimes we cry out; sometimes we look up and try to smile; but we do get up again and try to go on.
- Size is not strength. Reputation is not character. Outward success is not God’s gauge.
- God holds you responsible for your nature plus your nurture, for yourself plus your possibilities.
- What have you done today that nobody but a Christian would do?
- Live with the light of God’s love shining into your common day. Take old gifts and joys continued as though they were fresh gifts. So we can sing a new song unto the Lord every day.
I hope these thoughts inspire you to live right and apply God’s principles in all you do. if you are interested in learning more about how to apply Biblical principles in your business/career, or if you are faced with difficulty or adversity, and will like to discover hot to overcome them to achieve success in any area of your life. Feel free to contact me or connect with me on Facebook. I will be glad to help you live your greatest life…God’s way.
Live your greatest life!
Most of life’s failures come when people lack the courage to act when it’s needed. They believe thoroughly in doing right, but when they come to a place where the moral aspect is not the only aspect of a question, and where very grave results may follow action, they lack the courage to trust themselves to act.
There is no courage higher than the courage which takes responsibilities when the providence of God puts them on us, and takes them without flinching, and without seeking to throw the burden of them off, in whole or in part, on someone else.
Pray that you may be strong to do your whole duty, not that you may be excused from it.. .“Cowardly flight from duty never leads to peace. Courageous fulfilment of duty never fails to find it.”
Do not carry the past with you like a prisoner in chains. So many people go about with their past this way and as a result they are forever stuck and unable to make any progress in life. Every new day, God prepares abundant blessings and opportunities for us, and holding to your past mistakes and failures will prevent you from experiencing these gifts that come with the new day.
According to Micah in the bible, God buries our sins (past) in the depths of the seas and trample them, so why do you now go about fishing your past and taking inventory of them? Continue reading Daily Wisdom
These words, though simple, have profound powers and results in them; “THANK YOU!” Learn to use them on everyone, for everything no matter how small or insignificant it may be. A lot of us are so blinded by our need for more, that we cannot see the many miracles in lives every day. If we all could spend sometime today doing some stock taking of the many, many things we have that have been made possible by God, maybe, just maybe we will say THANK YOU LORD.
“For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,” 2 Corinthians 4:17
All your negative life situations and challenges are essential for you to fulfill your destiny, but unless you possess the power of endurance to live through the dark of the night, you will never see the break of the day, nor access the success and beautiful life uou desire.
There is a great reward waiting ahead for you, but this reward has a price you must pay; you must learn to endure the present with its setbacks, challenges, failures, misunderstanding etc. This is the true path to success.
“He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” – Matthew 10:39
You can’t live fully without taking risks in life. And the one regret most people have at the end of their lives is the fact that they didn’t take many risks; all the opportunities they did not seize and all the fears they did not face. Never live to regret on your dying day.
To live your greatest life, you have to take risks and face your fears. Of course you will encounter challenges and obstacles which may cause you to trip and fall along the way, but that is part of the growth process. Every mistake you make along the way will help prepare you for the success of tomorrow.