20 Success Principles We Can Learn From Hiphop
You may see the caption of this post and be thinking, “Hiphop?” I do know that many of us don’t listen to hiphop because of its “dirty” lyrics and the lifestyle of some of the artistes. Well it may be true that there are a lot of dirty words in the songs, but I do believe that if we listen to the songs without judgement, we may find some vital lessons for our lives and businesses, as some of these artistes are true cases of “grass to grace” or “Self made” people. And deep inside those lines, they embed their life stories, and success principles.
Here are 20 success principles offered by 2 Chains, Wiz khalifa, Eminem, and Kanye West:
2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa – we own it (fast & furious)
1. What’s your motivation: is it money? Family? Love?
2. Do what you love: “it’s whatever we had to do, it’s just who I am”…“it’s the life I chose.”
3. Live in the moment: life is too short to postpone living, till a future date. The only time you have is now. Don’t waste your moments; “…This moment we own it.”
4. Be willing to take risk: nothing good comes easy. “I never feared death or dying, I only fear never trying.” “…One shot, everything rides tonight.”
5. Be willing to step on toes: in going for your goals, you may encounter obstacles. There may be people who will want to stand in your way, who may not want you to get to that point; the naysayers, the doubters. In their words; “Jumping out on anyone who try to say some one thing about it…”
6. Boost your confidence with positive self talk: it’s always good to say positive things about yourself and your mission. Even the scripture says that life and death is in the power of the tongue. So every day always speak powerful words into your life. In their words; “I am whatever I am”, “Got the spirit, I am feeling like a killer inside” “it’s the day in the life and I am ready to ride”
7. Have clear goals: a lot has been said about getting goals; goals are so vital, as they guide you to where you want to go. But remember they work if you follow them. In their words; “Ridding with the plug, so I am close to the outlet” “stuck to the plan,…never ran” “Follow the same code”
8. Keep your perspective: too many times people get distracted when they start making progress in life. They allow the new life to influence them. One way to keep your perspective, is to remember your past. Or as they put it; “we the fam and loyalty never change up” “Been down since day one, look at where we came from” Continue reading 20 Success Principles We Can Learn From Hiphop