Does your spouse/partner have to change before you can love them completely? Personally I think not. I believe love should be unconditional, as there isn’t any flawless human out there. And to the guys who are frustrating their spouses/partners out of the relationships by demanding that they change to fit the perfect image of a lady they have in their heads, they could learn a thing or two from Bruno Mars’ song Just the way you are.
When it come to love and loving a lady, there isn’t a one rule fit everyone out there. But while there are many books and articles written over about this topic, there is still a surge in the craving to be loved. In my opinion guys, if you want to learn how to love a woman better, and if your spouse or partner isn’t willing to share with you how she wants you to treat her more lovingly, ask another lady what works.
Here are 8 ways to better love a lady shared by Mary J. Blige multiple award winning American singer, songwriter, model, record producer, and actress. and most importantly, a lady…it may solve that love puzzle of yours and bring back the love you thought you had lost in your relationship:
1. Women need more than material things: Guys this doesn’t mean, you should stop buy them, and spoiling them with the material things that you can afford. It means you shouldn’t think those things can take your place and the time you should spend with her.
2. Women need so much than what a man can say: Most of us guys are cool talkers and charmers with our words. We blow off our ladies with our words only to do the opposite of what we say. Mary J says, don’t talk about it, be about it, let your actions speak more.
3. A woman needs you to make love to her, she needs more than sex.
4. A woman likes to talk and work things out: You will be surprised how much you will accomplish by just spending time and listening to your spouse, laughing at jokes (even though they are terrible). I don’t mean being around her but being absent in your mind and eyes. Women like to talk, and love guys that listen. Continue reading 8 Things Every Woman Needs From Her Man By Mary J Blige→
During a conversation I had with a friend recently, I was asked, should it just be about women? Women be this, be that, do this or that in a relationship or marriage. What about the men don’t they have roles too? This really got me thinking, because truly as the saying goes, it takes two to tango. Men too have roles to play in sustaining their relationships or marriages. We can’t just leave all the changing and doing to women alone!
Every man desires a good wife, but we forget that, as a proverb states, “Good wives and good plantations are made by good husbands.” So you see, your lover, wife is as good as you make them to be. The woman is simply the reflection of her man. Ladies are always told to be subject to the man, to try and please, show love, affection, be caring, be able to take care of their homes and much more. We forget that no matter how skilful a lady is in the area of home making and “man keeping” if the man doesn’t notice, appreciate, contribute, and compliment her, her efforts will be in vain.
Several women today are in want of a man who will reciprocate their love, appreciate their good and their self-sacrifice. Many times especially here in Africa, it is the woman takes care of the home and the entire family, combining that with her businesses and careers, and making sure her keep herself in shape to please the man, and as a reward the man doesn’t even notice these efforts.
I have come to discover that sometimes, when relationships and marriages fail, it isn’t because the woman isn’t doing enough, but some men are just so difficult to please. Nothing, no amount of work or sacrifice a lady does is ever enough. They go about finding faults in all things. There are selfish husbands who go about amusing themselves with friends, without giving their women any chance. But does it ever occur to such “Egyptian taskmasters” that all work and no play is quite as bad for women as for men? Continue reading Not Just For The Woman. Men Have Roles Too→
John Legend is an award winning American R&B Artist. His songs “All of me” dedicated to his wife and “You and I” have impacted the world of music since their release. Here I draw out real relationship lessons on how men can treat their ladies from the lyrics of those songs:
Always appreciate her wisdom and advice; when you heed your lady’s advice and it saves you a lot of troubles…please drop your ego and let her know without her help, whatever you achieved wouldn’t be possible. Or just as John Legend puts it; “What would I do without your smart mouth?”
When last did you renew your love or marriage vows?: follow John Legend make that commitment again, tell her: “ Give your all to me, and I will give my all to you”, “All of me loves all of you”
We men have an aversion to talking about feelings,that is why it is very difficult to find a man talking to his wife or girlfriend about what she does to irritate him.
So you may want to pay attention to this list:
1. Most men are turned off by a woman who is too materialistic. If you pay too much attention to what kind of shoes a guy is wearing or what kind of designer clothes he has on or what kind of car he drives,..they would run away”.
2. When a woman is jealous, it can be a turnoff.
3. Men like women who are responsible. They don’t like women who don’t have a life. It isn’t just about looks.
4. When a man has had a busy day, he doesn’t need you to add to his pressure. Insisting he has to see you or be with you. It turns men off.
5. Don’t make your man look bad in front of people. If something is wrong, deal with it at home, or when you two are alone.
6. “The fear every guy has is that after marriage the girl is going to cut her hair off, gain too much weight, and stop putting out.”
7. No man likes to be with a drunk. If you want a decent man in your life, don’t ever get drunk with him.
8. “Never let a guy know you’re sitting home waiting for his call, or that he’s your whole life.” Men also like knowing other men want you, just as long as you aren’t sleeping with any of them.
9. When a woman chases you, it will turn you off. Try and have some dignity